This is kind of a general business type tip too, but due to the logarithmic scale of information across the web it is extremely important to focus in on a niche vice adding features to increase profits from your website.
read the arcticle: Why Build a Niche Website
or view the skinny below. (by the way I still am rather fat...about to go for a jog)
The main reasons to focus on a niche are:
- Many quality links are business partnerships: you make it hard for other businesses to link to you if you do everything.
- Only one chance at really competitive phrases: you only have one home page if you have a huge site. Since most of your link popularity will point at the home page it makes it harder for inner pages to compete with smaller sites focused on that industry which have many direct inbound links with the link text of your subservices.
- Focus your energies: it is far easier to acquire market leading valuable insights if you know one industry really well vice sorta knowing a little bit about everything.
- You lose focus in the eyes of the consumer if you are broad: as you add services you confuse people as to what your site is for. Full service interactive media agency sounds great, but what does that really mean?
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips