Quite literally, Google AdWords to Add Words.
Stefanie Olsen notes that Google is preparing a new tool that will automate keyword list generation. Google will spider web pages of large advertisers to determine relevant keywords for each page.
This tool will save large companies hundreds or thousands of hours of campaign maintenance.
I realize Google needs to automate portions of it's ad service to maximize revenues, but this tool will be a huge disappointment in my eyes.
Why I Think This AdWords Tool Will Suck
- Google already places broad match terms before exact match terms. This does not allow smarter, smaller, hard working advertisers as much benefit as Overture does for doing deep keyword research. I have one client who does exceptionally well with Overture, but finds Google AdWords prohibitively expensive for this reason.
- This new tool will allow fat, and lazy advertizers to automatically lock out competition throughout the AdWords system.
- The automation will likely have many errors which decrease ad relevancy.
I hope Google will continue to add other features such as the local advertising feature to help small businesses compete in such a competitive landscape.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips