A person has been emailing many of the major search engine hubs stating that Google search results are affected by AdSense ads. I think if Google actually did they would quickly lose relevancy and we would quickly get contextual ad burnout the same way we got banner ad burnout.
His test search which "proves" his point is that when you search Google for the phrase advertise website sell buy there is a boat load of subdomains from a single website which dominate the search results.
His search is a rather obscure one which does not necissarily prove his point. It does; however, prove that subdomains are still kicking Google's rear. If you click through the pages of that search result you will see that the pages are all virtually the exact same with the exception of subdomain and title.
Chris Ridings (owner of SearchGuild SEO Forums) noted that these search results do prove something rather significant.
- It shows that subdomains currently get around snippets.
- It proves that LocalRank or similar algorithms aren't in use on all searches.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips