Google has been given some negative press for their lack of clarity in all parts of the Google AdSense program. Off the start they only allowed one account per person. They then shifted to allowing multiple accounts for the same person. They now allow channel level statistic control.
They have upgraded AdSense in many ways. They now offer
- Channel level tracking. - "Detailed reporting is here! We've introduced the concept of channels as a way for you to gain insight into the performance of Google ads on your pages. By grouping pages into channels, you can compare performance of a banner versus a skyscraper, track clicks on your automobile pages versus your motorcycle pages, or get results for each individual website you manage. You'll see page impressions, clicks, and earnings data for individual channels or for any combination of channels.
Channels are defined by a unique tag in your ad layout code. You can add channel code to any of your pages, simply by copying and pasting the appropriate ad code into your web pages. This will allow you to track performance, and will give you valuable information that will allow you to optimize the performance of AdSense on your site." Learn moreabout channels at the AdSense FAQ page.
- Downloadable CVS reports.
- The option to display a solid color instead of public service announcements when ads can not be served.
- Google has also began to support AdSense ads in framed web pages.
- Comming Soon: New public service announcement AdSense ad layouts. Google most likely decided to make this change to prevent PSA ads from lowering the clickthrough rates of their targeted AdSense ads.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips