Despite the ads which show on some of my pages, this Google AdWords entry should show that my site is not intentionally biased toward any particular engine.
Google AdWords Account Syndication
There are many unique controls and ideas within the Google AdWords system. One of the more interesting features is ad syndication.
Google will allow you to target your site to
- Google + other search sites
- Google + content sites
- Google + other search sites + content sites
Google AdWords Price Formula
Unlike many other pay per click search engine marketing systems, Google factors click through rate into the click price. [bid * click through rate = click price].
Google AdWords Click Through Rate Calculation
Content sites provide unpredicatable click through rates. Google does not use these sites to figure out the average click through rate. Google figures out the click through rate by looking at the average click through rate for the last 1,000 SEARCH ad impressions for that keyword. Until your ad gets to 1,000 impressions your click through rate is figured in at 1%. A well targeted ad will pull many times that 1% click through rate.
The whole point of this post is that it is may not worth paying for CONTENT syndication until your click through rates (and prices) have been established.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips